Recently I got braces put on for next phase of treatment to help with my TMJD (Temporomandibular joint disorder), just a fancy medical word to call the jaw joints. The type of braces I got are called Lingual (meaning tongue) braces and they go behind my teeth. Since getting them on, I have a bit of a lisp but it is temporary till my tongue gets use to the proper placement. Lauren and I think it is super cute and she wanted me to record an update. We are uploading it to YouTube and can find it HERE. Once I recorded the video, I asked Lauren if I could do a writeup post with notes from the video. I won’t add too much info because I would love you guys to watch the video. I share a bit of my pain history, current braces status, and I totally laugh and cry in this video. Please go check it out and give us a thumbs up which will super bless Lauren and me!
Here are my main notes:
· I am grateful:
1. Grateful for braces
2. Grateful for the stabilizers to help my bite
3. Grateful for the pain- God sovereignly used my pain to help show my husband and I the true Gospel
– “Suffering saints are living seed.” Quote by Charles Spurgeon
· A Time for Everything
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
§ For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
· John MacArthur
1. I was totally wrong on the anniversary of John being apart of Grace to You church lol. I accidentally said 40 years, but J-Mac has been pastoring there for over 50 years now, not the 40 I was saying in the video.
2. Here is the correct info:https://www.gracechurch.org/about/history
3. His mercies are new every morning…
Lamentations 3: 22-23
§ 22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;[b]
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.