Today, dear ones, Becca and I have dropped a very important episode regarding the Full Gospel doctrine. As you can see in the outline below, we’re very concerned about this false teaching. While it was a very Biblical sounding title, it’s actually not the Gospel at all. We frequently see, as varies groups separate from orthodox Christianity, they tend to add works to salvation. It’s no different within the Full Gospel movement, as they add the works of signs and wonders to the list of things you have to do to be truly saved. Unfortunately, there’s more issues with this doctrine. Not only does it add works to the Gospel, it takes away the call for genuine repentance, neglecting to teach on sin.
The Full Gospel doctrine, spread far and wide through missionaries, reminds us that titles can be deceptive. We must test all things against Gods Word, and warn against false teachings. I hope this episode will help explain this doctrine, and why it needs to be avoided, in much more detail then you see here. You can, of course, listen across all major podcasting platforms such as Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, iHeart Radio, Stitcher, and in video form (eventually) on Youtube. As always, beloved brethren, be good Berean’s and study to show yourselves approved.
Full Gospel Outline:
Introductions and opening discussion:
i. Technology issues
ii. Why Patreon is awkward for Lauren: https://www.patreon.com/Tulipshoneyhub
iii. Grateful conversation about our Humblebees.
1. Full Gospel: What it means and who says it? TimeStamp – 00:19:55
a. Bill Johnson Video? TimeStamp – 00:22:05
i. Romans 15:19
b. History of the Full Gospel Movement: TimeStamp – 00:25:15
i. What Wikipedia has to say about it…
1. Full Gospel: The term Full Gospel is a term often used to describe the doctrinal teachings of Pentecostalism and Charismatic Christianity, evangelical movements that originated in the 19th century. The movement and its teachings grew out the Wesleyan Arminianism of the post-American Civil War era’s holiness movement, especially through the “fourfold” teachings of A. B. Simpson, founder of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
2. Early Pentecostalism saw their teachings on baptism with the Holy Spirit, spiritual gifts, and divine healing as a return to the doctrines and power of the Apostolic Age. Because of this many early Pentecostals and Charismatics call their movement the Apostolic Faith or the Full Gospel
3. A variety of Pentecostals have further developed the motif of the full gospel, predominantly the five-fold theme of salvation, sanctification, Spirit baptism, divine healing, and the coming kingdom.
2. The actual Gospel: TimeStamp – 00:33:33
i. Bob the Example: TimeStamp – 00:35:12
3. The cults always get the gospel wrong: TimeStamp – 00:45:40
4. Re-Explain what first tier issues mean: TimeStamp – 00:55:12
5. Advice in addressing those who bring it up: TimeStamp – 01:05:00
i. Be Patient
ii. Bring them back to Scripture
iii. Pray for them
Shenanigans: TimeStamp – 01:07:57
i. New R.C. Sproul Shirt ink tale.com/tulipshoneyhub
Becca’s Question: Family Feud or Price is Right?
Lauren’s Question: Did you have posters on your wall growing up?
If you’d like more information about the podcast channel Tulips & Honey Hub you can check out their website here: 5solas.online