Is God Sovereign Over Suffering?
Dear ones, today’s episode features a very special guest, our dear sister-in-Christ, and author, Brooke Bartz. Mrs. Bartz, author of Chronic Love: Trusting God While Suffering With a Chronic Illness, has been struggling with Rheumatoid Arthritis for several years now. This led her to write the book we’ll be discussing today, after she looked around and noticed that most of the “Christian” books on the subject were not actually helpful for those in daily pain. We talked about the background of her book, her testimony, how she met and married her husband, her chronic illness, and God’s sovereignty over everything she has been through.
If you know someone that has chronic pain, or is a care taker of someone with a chronic illness, this book will be helpful. It also contains a beautifully descriptive, and Scripturally rich, Gospel presentation, as well as an apologetic against those who would ask “How can a loving God allow pain?” We hope that this particular episode will be comforting to those who are suffering, or caring for a loved one. We’re all going to struggle at one point or another in our life, is God sovereign over that pain, sorrow, struggle? And what do we do with that Biblical truth? I’ve included the outline Becca created, with timestamps so that you can easily access any portion of this episode you might like. You can, of course, listen across all major podcasting platforms such as Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, iHeart Radio, Stitcher, and in video form (eventually) on Youtube. We also now have a Patreon page, which you can find here https://www.patreon.com/Tulipshoneyhub. As always, beloved brethren, be good Berean’s and study to show yourselves approved.
· Instagrammer: @justbrookebartz
· Book $16.99 on amazon · https://www.amazon.com/Chronic-Love-Trusting-Suffering-Illness/dp/1620209241/ref=nodl_
1. Why did you decide to write this book? TS – 00:03:00
2. Testimony TS – 00:07:00
a. When and how you heard the gospel
b. When and how did you become writer?
c. What chronic illness and pain do you have?
i. For how long?
ii. What were the first symptoms like?
3. What are some scriptures that have been the most helpful to you during times of pain and suffering?
4. What ways we can be suffering well? 00:44:00
a. In the church?
b. With our families?
c. With our friends?
d. At work?
5. What’s your favorite chapter in your current book? TS – 00:54:15
6. Do you have a favorite quote from the book? TS – 00:56:38
7. What have been some books/teachers/sermons that have been helpful to you in terms of suffering and personal growth as a Christian in general? TS – 01:00:28
8. Upcoming Young Adult Christian Fiction Series. TS – 01:05:15
a. Godly Ever After
· PINEAPPLE PIZZA Question
· Lauren’s Silly Question: If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
· Becca’s Silly Question: What is your favorite line from a movie?